How to analyse qualitative data

13:17 Friday 4 March 2016

I'm at the point in my thesis where I'm analysing the data I collected. My data is qualitative, so if you're someone who has done qualitative data analysis, you'll know what I mean when I say it's DIFFICULT!

I have multiple sources of data, including surveys, observation notes and interviews. I initially used excel to do my analysis but I was finding it quite difficult to code multiple themes for one sentence. This led me on a search to find a really good tool that could help me with the daunting task of qualitative analysis. I downloaded a few trials here and there, but the one that won my heart was MAXQDA. The interface is brilliant and it's so easy to code my data. You can an example of how it looks below.

I'm currently using a trial which lasts 30 days, so hopefully I'll finish my analysis before the 30 days are up! Otherwise, I'll have to make a plan to purchase it, they do offer large discounts for students.

Download the demo.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Feel free to engage with me by commenting or Tweeting me!